I called the recycle company to confirm that we're still on for tomorrow (the 4th reschedule date) and learned that they had a meeting just today and determined that they can no longer pick up from residences in NJ since they are a PA company (I wonder if they were ever planning to tell me this, or would I have taken yet another day off of work waiting for them?) They said they can only pick up if it was arranged and brought over to a place within my town or county.
So I am basically back to square one - figuring out how to get all this stuff out of my house, into a truck and brought over to the recycle center in my town which is only open on Wednesday mornings!
Somehow, I think there's a message here I'm supposed to be receiving. I do hope it's not that I should give up trying to fix up the house to put on the market to sell to get cash for the RV.
Are these items that could be given to Salvation Army or Purple Heart? We had one of those (maybe it was Salvation Army) come and pick up a BUNCH of stuff that did not sell in our moving sale. Just a thought . . .
ReplyDeleteThanks, TYR! Unfortunately not. I'm already donating all the equipment that's salvageable and usable. This is all obsolete stuff and predominantly broken computer components (like old motherboards, used toner cartridges, broken printers, etc.); stuff that's illegal to dump but not sellable so the only option is a recycling place. Stores like Staples and the like accept this kind of stuff but it's just as hard getting it over there as it is to the recycle center.
ReplyDelete