We are starting the "next chapter" in our lives - leaving our sticks & bricks home to live and travel in an RV full time!!! So far only in the planning stage, but it will happen as soon as we can sell the house and buy our motor home. This blog will track the progress, and then journal our life on the road.
Sunday, June 15, 2014
The Journey Begins...
... and continues in my updated blog: http://mitcheryl-rv-journey.blogspot.com/
Monday, June 9, 2014
En route to buy the cow & bull
Well, we decided that even though the closing has been postponed 3 times, the last message sounded very confident, so we're taking our chances making our way down to the area where it's being sold (near Orlando, FL).
We left Raleigh and dear daughter and son in law this morning and drove about 7 hours to Savannah, GA. Not really doing anything touristy; just staying in a decent hotel with a nice pool. Only drawback is it's right near an army airbase, so we have constant helicopters and war jets passing directly overhead. Grateful it's practice and not on military duty!
The paperwork we need to establish our domicile is ready (arrived at SBI) so tomorrow we will drive about 3 hours to Green Cove Springs, FL to register and get our drivers licenses. Originally we were planning to do this on our way back up north, but what the heck; may as well take care of it now that we have the time! Afterwards, we will drive about 2 1/2 hrs and stay at a hotel on Daytona Beach. On Wed. morning we will make our way down to Orlando (St. Cloud, actually). Whether we make the purchase and spend our first night in our COW or need a hotel down there is yet to be seen.
* I don't recall if I said this before or not -- the reference to cow and bull: cow = castle on wheels; bull is the beast of a truck pulling it.
We left Raleigh and dear daughter and son in law this morning and drove about 7 hours to Savannah, GA. Not really doing anything touristy; just staying in a decent hotel with a nice pool. Only drawback is it's right near an army airbase, so we have constant helicopters and war jets passing directly overhead. Grateful it's practice and not on military duty!
The paperwork we need to establish our domicile is ready (arrived at SBI) so tomorrow we will drive about 3 hours to Green Cove Springs, FL to register and get our drivers licenses. Originally we were planning to do this on our way back up north, but what the heck; may as well take care of it now that we have the time! Afterwards, we will drive about 2 1/2 hrs and stay at a hotel on Daytona Beach. On Wed. morning we will make our way down to Orlando (St. Cloud, actually). Whether we make the purchase and spend our first night in our COW or need a hotel down there is yet to be seen.
* I don't recall if I said this before or not -- the reference to cow and bull: cow = castle on wheels; bull is the beast of a truck pulling it.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Still in Part I
We're kind of in limbo right now, as we did NOT close on the house on Thursday, June 5th as planned. We vacated the house and left for VA to stay with daughter's in-laws. En route, received a call from lawyer saying that the mortgage documents hadn't arrived so closing would probably be on Friday.
Friday morning we left for NC to stay with daughter. Midway, got a call that the underwriter still needed to approve something so the closing would most likely now be Monday.
Got an email Saturday, forwarded by my lawyer from buyer's lawyer saying "The lender has now told me we will be clear to close Wednesday." Somehow, why do I just not really believe that???
So plans are once again in flux. Daughter does not want us in her home while she is out (although we are welcome to sleep here). I will call the mail forwarding place in the morning and if they have enough mail for us to use at DMV, maybe we'll leave Monday morning and go there (instead of after visiting Naples en route back up north).
Just gotta keep the faith that this WILL happen and soon and it's just par for the course.
Friday morning we left for NC to stay with daughter. Midway, got a call that the underwriter still needed to approve something so the closing would most likely now be Monday.
Got an email Saturday, forwarded by my lawyer from buyer's lawyer saying "The lender has now told me we will be clear to close Wednesday." Somehow, why do I just not really believe that???
So plans are once again in flux. Daughter does not want us in her home while she is out (although we are welcome to sleep here). I will call the mail forwarding place in the morning and if they have enough mail for us to use at DMV, maybe we'll leave Monday morning and go there (instead of after visiting Naples en route back up north).
Just gotta keep the faith that this WILL happen and soon and it's just par for the course.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Decided on the rig
The inspection on the coach and truck we've been considering was done. There are a handful of issues, but all are within the scope of normal wear & tear and maintenance. Hopefully we can bring it to a Camping World and have everything addressed at the same time. We're calling it our cow and bull (Castle On Wheels, and a beast / bull to pull it with). Here's a photo of the outside:
Of course, if you're still following the "Sale of the House Saga" thread, the extension for the mortgage commitment date has come and gone and we still haven't heard anything. Buyers still want to rent so they can move in quickly, but we're not interested as it's too risky. Still praying and planning for a June 5th or June 9th closing date.
Of course, if you're still following the "Sale of the House Saga" thread, the extension for the mortgage commitment date has come and gone and we still haven't heard anything. Buyers still want to rent so they can move in quickly, but we're not interested as it's too risky. Still praying and planning for a June 5th or June 9th closing date.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
