Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Took another big step!

We just put down a 1/3 deposit for work on the downstairs.  All recycleable junk and giveaway items will be removed on Friday and Saturday and the work starts on Monday.  By the end of next week (Jan 31, 2013), our downstairs landing, den, bedroom and bathroom will be freshly painted (with holes patched and smoothed), and new floors put down. 

I am trying to look at this as the glass half full - that we're making progress and this is a big step.  If it's half empty, then I have to look at the many other projects upstairs and outside that still need to be done before we can put the place on the market.  And since we're cleaning out the savings account with this work, it could be months before we can tackle the next project.

I know.. steady and slow wins the race.  But I really want to start the next chapter NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment