Friday, January 18, 2013

I think I toyed with the Universe

Well, none of those folks showed up.  The first person was sick and when I followed up 2 weeks later, she hasn't responded.  The others just fell off the face of the earth as well.

For those who may not be as faith-driven as I am, this may sound like a load of (fill in the word you'd like), but I'm beginning to believe that I tested fate when I questioned whether the Universe was toying with me.  I should have believed that my prayers were being answered and I should not have verbalized any question or doubt.  All along, I have believed that when the time is right things will happen.  I did believe that these people responding to my ad were meant to happen, and I wonder if I hadn't expressed a doubt, if it would have worked.

I can only pray that I will be forgiven for my doubts and be given another chance very, very soon!

Meanwhile, I found a company that will pick up not only my junk scrap metal but all my recycleables as well.  Ok, I won't get paid anything for it, but at least I don't have to pay someone else to remove it, nor do I have to take time off of work to get to the recycle center or worry about making several trips to Staples or some other office supply place that accepts recycleable computers and parts.  This is the next step to the cleaning process.  Once all this stuff is cleared out, I can then have the new floors installed downstairs and the rooms painted.  Goal by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment