Saturday, January 5, 2013

Is the Universe playing games with me again?

Well, the clean up project went pretty well.  I have a charity truck coming to pick up donations on Jan. 26th and hope to get all the electronic junk to the recycle center before then.  I was hoping to have the contractor come by the end of the month but no later than the end of Feb. to complete the downstairs (new floors and painting) but.... M went and totalled the car (thank Goodness he wasn't hurt and I wasn't with him.  He was side swiped (by a driving instructor!!) and the passenger door was totally smashed in.  Insurance co. deemed it totalled.  The $ we're getting back, since it was a 2000 with 200K miles, isn't worth very much, so we had to dig into the house money to replace the vehicle.

But that's not the reason for my title question.  The goal is to fix up the little repairs and cosmetic stuff and put the house on the market.  However, just for the fun of it, I put a For Sale By Owner note on Craigslist, basically saying that I would love to retire sooner and will dramatically reduce the selling price for someone else to putter.  And absolutely no investors or realtors need reply.  Well... I actually got 2 very serious families who want to come over this week to take a look, despite my giving them a full disclosure of all the work that needs to be done.  Honestly, I really didn't expect any serious inquiries.

So, is the Universe toying with me -- putting these folks in my path only to squash my hopes?  Or is this our prayers being answered?  I guess we'll know in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment