I can't believe we have reached this day - the first showing of the house. Besides 4 confirmed appointments today and tomorrow, I've had 2 calls yesterday and 2 today. There is definitely an interest in showing it!
Looking around the house, and reading my posts starting in Feb. 2011, it is just unbelievable how far we've come! I truly wish I had taken "before" photos. With all the complaining on this blog that I've done - about all the obstacles and how slowly things are going - it's just unreal that it's all fallen into place and the house looks very salable.
So now we just have to see how long (SHORT!!!) it takes to actually sell. Realtor says she will sell today, but I think she's being a bit overconfident. Although at least this week would be great! Next is figuring out what to do about the cats. Still waiting on an answer from Doris from her friend and then wavering back and forth between planning on how to modify the RV to accommodate them and leaving them abandoned in front of a shelter which won't take them (but may be forced to if left on their doorstep).
So this is Phase 1. Phase 2, once we have a buyer and having gone to contract is the next round of purging. Whatever is left in the garage and closets will either be thrown out (renting another dumpster), given away or put into a storage locker. Phase 3 - the next really big step -- is buying the RV.
No comments:
Post a Comment