As if the electrical disaster wasn't enough, this morning (Thursday) Mitch decided to sit on the bathroom sink while working on the outlet. You guessed it -- it totally broke!!! So now, with only 2 days left to work, the whole bathroom vanity needs to be replaced. Of course, since there was a huge space between the vanity and the wall, it needed to be caulked. How in the world we're going to disattach it is beyond me. I actually landed up calling the contractor back. So now another few hundred $$$. I guess a few bills won't get paid this month.
UPDATE: all went well this morning - Mitch was able to troubleshoot the final problem so all the wiring was completed. We went to Home Depot to buy a new vanity and were told that if we just bring back the sink part, they will make an even exchange!!! So now the only cost will be for the contractor to install it and make it look pretty again, so we'll be able to save a few dollars.
Stuff happens! The morning I had a realtor come to look at my home in Texas for listing it, we walked into the main bathroom and OMG ceiling plaster had fallen during the night! YIKES. How embarrassing! Seriously, I had just been in there the day before. Yep, stuff happens. Well, hopefully nothing else will crop up and you can get it listed and sold pronto!
ReplyDelete