Sunday, February 2, 2014

Frustrated with cleanup project

First, nothing on the job offer front, so no update there.  I kind of feel very relieved especially since I have another potential new lead.

Very frustrated with M.  Seems every time we work on cleaning up, we get into a huge fight.  I have to give him credit (again) that he has mostly given up his pack rat mentality and is willing to part with many things that he doesn't think he'll need for his work.  HOWEVER, now he's decided to go green and instead of putting everything in the dumpster that's still in our driveway, he has to take photos and put stuff up on Freecycle (one man's junk is another one's treasure).  We could have the place totally cleaned out in a day or 2 if we throw everything away.  He doesn't seem to understand how much extra time it's taking to list each and every item, respond to the emails and mark it and set it aside for pickup.  Ok, I'm kind of doing the same thing, but putting stuff in boxes for pickup by a local charity, so it doesn't take up any of my time.  I'm beginning to feel like we'll NEVER get this place cleaned out and listed, and it can so easily be done within a week.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I keep telling mine to just grab the big stuff first (for the flea market). Donating the little stuff will be no big deal once he gets down to that. But he looks at me like I'm crazy. Why throw money away when we can use it? Honestly, unless it adds up to over $1K, it's not worth my time. I want the house on the market by April. I think it's his way of stalling. But he is getting better. A little bit. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete