Tuesday, August 21, 2012

That went real well (not!)

The floor is laid (layed?), the yard is clean (mostly) and the painting is not done yet.  We are not at all happy with the quality of the work. We'll have them fix as much as possible but will not be hiring them to finish any of the other projects.

As for the moving sale folks (whom I've been anxiously waiting to meet for the past several months) -- they walked in, took a look at 2 rooms (out of 8) and walked out.  The woman's nose couldn't have been higher in the air if she tried.  When I originally contacted her for a walk thru, I warned her that I had nothing of value, but she assured me that everything added up and I shouldn't throw anything out.  But while on site, she didn't even look at half the stuff and immediately drew the conclusion that "people don't buy that kind of stuff." (I'm sure she would have used a different word if it was polite!).

No, I cannot hold my own garage/yard sale - I don't have the time or energy and there's just way too much stuff.  I'd like to avoid paying a service to remove it all, and I'm sure a few cents can be made rather than putting it all in a dumpster (also costs $ to rent).  Perhaps I can find someone who sells stuff at flea markets and would be willing to come get the stuff and maybe give me a small percentage.  I'll keep trying....

Always a setback.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment