Sunday, July 29, 2012

Update

Now it's August and things are moving along at the usual slow pace.  We've managed to save nearly $6K, certainly enough for the upstairs painting and laying the floor and maybe even replacing the garage doors. But M wants to build a bigger cushion, especially since he's facing knee surgery (torn meniscus) and may be out of work for a week or 2.  While in FL about a month ago, I dislocated my hip (the one that was replaced) so on top of M's surgery bills, we have those new medical bills to deal with.  Also, the van needs a new windshield and the car is acting kind of funny lately.

On a more positive note, however, we have an appointment tomorrow with a company that does estate / moving sales. They've been around for a long time and I really like their business model.  Their commission is a bit higher than most (but they don't take a flat fee) but it's still more $ than I'd make if I just threw everything out and I have way too much stuff to sell on my own via Craigslist or whatever.  Perhaps if we can set a definitive date to do this sale, it'll put the fire under us.  Other than not having money to fix up the house for a good sale, we're tending to slip into procrastination land and not doing anything productive.  Perhaps cleaning out a significant amount of stuff will help move us on the way.  Of course, we're aware that this will be one of the hardest parts of the process on an emotional level.

I also took the first steps in forming my new business which I hope will provide some income while on the road.  It will only be part time now while I'm still (thankfully) still employed full time, but my goal is that when we're ready to buy the RV, I can offer my virtual services to my boss.  My website is www.AZAdminSolutions.com.  My immediate plan is to network locally.  I need to stay away from social media as I don't want anyone in my company finding out about this yet and it's too small a world.

So in retrospect, perhaps we are not really sitting on our tushies after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment