The first major expensive undertaking took place - the holes in the 4 corners of the roof were covered over and the gutter which was hanging off was repaired. $1500. Boy, do I feel totally ripped off. And then I was told that the roof is in very poor shape and is indeed leaking in many places in the attic. It hasn't come thru the ceiling yet because the insulation is absorbing it. We're looking at between $4-8K to replace the roof.
We started to peel off the wallpaper in the entranceway and downstairs to discover the backing was still on the wall and it is a major undertaking, time-wise, to remove it. We will probably end up doing all the painting ourselves. Laying the floor is another $2K deal.
I am feeling incredibly discouraged right now because there is only about $1500 left in the bank, which has to be a cushion for when M doesn't have work and I need to use it to pay bills. Not to mention I have an engagement party and wedding to look forward to sometime in the near future and have no clue where money for that is coming from. But... we can't move on to this next chapter until we sell the house.
For now, we can only pray to win the lottery or find some kind of windfall. Yeah, right. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment