Monday, September 26, 2011

FIgured out the road map

Not sure if this is a good or bad character trait of mine (I suppose a little of both) - that I need to have every aspect of everything planned out to the max.  (At least I'm learning how to deal with the reality that nothing ever goes according to plan and not letting myself get too stressed out when I'm blown off track).  But that being said, I've been trying to figure out next steps once the house gets sold.  I don't really want to buy the rig and then park it somewhere near my office so that I can continue working.  That just defeats the entire purpose of full timing.  So here is what I think makes the most sense:

  1. sell the house and pay off mortgage and debts.
  2. Move to a small apartment near my workplace- either studio or 1 BR (to get used to living in a smaller space).  Furnished preferred, but we can keep some furniture if necessary.  Make sure it can be rented on a short term basis (ideal = 3 months at a time).
  3. Give boss heads up that I'll be leaving/retiring within a fixed period of time - which is as soon as we take delivery of the RV.
  4. While living in the apt - do serious shopping around for the RV and truck (money to buy it should be in the bank from proceeds of house sale).
  5. Be ready to start our new chapter as soon as we take delivery of the vehicles -- when we drive it off the lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment