Another financial setback. Just needed an emergency appendectomy. Already I've been billed about $2500 just for the blood work, CT Scan & Xray and doctor to read the results. I've yet to be billed for the hospital stay, surgeon and anesthesiologist. Figure that'll be another $5K at least. So whatever funds dribble through towards the house need to go towards yet more medical bills.
I know... be grateful they diagnosed it on time and that I'm alive and recovering. but still... This is so damn aggravating!
Wow! Had an emergent appendectomy last July and sure understand about the bills. Even with health insurance they rack up quickly. Hope you have a swift and uneventful recovery!
ReplyDeleteJust noticed your blog? Where in NJ?
ReplyDeleteWe are also trying to save for retirement. Its one step forward one step backward for us. But we found out about workamping. It might be what helps us retire in 2015. I hope you have a quick recovery from your appendectomy surgery.
ReplyDelete