We are starting the "next chapter" in our lives - leaving our sticks & bricks home to live and travel in an RV full time!!! So far only in the planning stage, but it will happen as soon as we can sell the house and buy our motor home. This blog will track the progress, and then journal our life on the road.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Fingers crossed
Moving right along... the roof repair/replacement is done. Still waiting for the flooring installer to get back with a quote. Very interestingly, today I learned that the guy who owns the roofing company is also a GC (general contractor) who does pretty much any and everything. I told him I wanted to get my house ready to sell and can he give me a quote on some stuff. It turns out that not only is he in the market to buy a house, but he has been looking in my neighborhood!!! (he looked at a house around the corner from me last weekend!). He is going to come by on Sunday to talk some more. I will pray and keep every body part crossed that rather than giving us a quote for the work, he will make us an offer (the last person I wrote about in my last post didn't work out; he wasn't looking to move here - only to buy a house to renovate and resell, so his offer was way, way too low; it wouldn't even cover the mortgage). We're not looking for top dollar by any means - just enough to pay off the mortgage and a few medical bills, and will buy the rig with whatever's left over (or move into an apartment while we try to save up some more money).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment