I guess I should spend more time updating this blog. Since my last post, we also visited the RV show in North Carolina (while visiting dear daughter as well). Still planning on the 5th wheel; possibly even a toy hauler 5th wheel. As of now, the plan of action is to do whatever we need to get the house ready for market. Once we go to closing and have the $ in our hands, we will live in a short term apt. or long term hotel while seriously searching for our new RV home.
So now all the research has been done and our course has been set. Now it's time to turn on the engine and move forward. Which we are doing now. We started with the first room of the house: the dining room by removing all the junk from drawers and painting. We will be selling the extra sofa bed (someone's coming over the weekend to pick it up) and will be putting the huge file cabinet for sale tomorrow. We are emptying the fish tank and are trying to sell that as well. We see now how emotional this can be, especially items of sentimental value (like kid's "art") that have no sale value and just take up space.
We have also just (almost) made the decision to take the pool down. In any event, we know we have to sell the house as it's too large for the 2 of us and too expensive (and pain in the neck) to upkeep. There's still a (very small) chance we'll land up renting a townhouse apartment, but since we've been talking about retiring to an RV for 25 years, we will keep that dream in front of us. It's just getting a little scary now that we're starting to take action.
I say we need the pool.
ReplyDeleteIt was a long hot summer... And I've enjoyed it every weekend I've been home.